“Weird Al” Yankovic
Sunday, June 3rd
Classic Hits 102.1 CJCY is excited to present “Weird Al” Yankovic The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour coming to the Esplanade Arts & Heritage Centre!
Sunday, June 3, 2018
Esplanade Arts & Heritage Centre
Tickets are $75 (+s/c & gst)
VIP Packages are $299 (+s/c & gst)
Purchase tickets at:
The Esplanade Box Office
Charge by phone 403.502.8777
VIP Package Includes:
- One (1) Premium Reserved Ticket in the first 15 rows
- Meet and Greet with Weird Al after the show. Includes signature
(any one item of your choice) and photo (with your camera)
- Be a part of Weird Al Jeopardy! - a Pre-Concert Game Show Experience challenging people to the ultimate Weird Al trivia contest. Register for the chance to be a contestant, or just play along from the audience
- Custom Framed Set List from your own unique show (every show on the 2018 Tour has a different set list!)
- Exclusive, Limited Edition Weird Al Wristwatch with moving limbs as hour and minute hands
- Pre-Show Hang with fellow fans — inc. cash bar with complimentary non-alcoholic beverages & one drink
- Crowd-Free Merchandise Shopping
- Early Entry into the Venue
- Souvenir VIP Laminate
- On-Site VIP Host
“Weird Al” Yankovic burst onto the scene over three decades ago and never looked back. For the first time in his storied career, the world’s foremost musical satirist and four-time Grammy-winner foregoes his usual high-octane, big-production show for an intimate evening of music, focusing on original (non-parody) songs from his 14-album catalog. After his 2016 world tour, including venues such as the Hollywood Bowl and Radio City Music Hall, this is a rare opportunity to get up-close and personal with this legendary performer.
Drawing from a back catalogue of 14 studio albums, Weird Al promises to deliver a different set list every night - no two shows along the tour will be the same. And rather than focusing on the hits from his career, the show will feature Yankovic’s non-parody material – the deep cuts and obscure tracks.
According to Al: “After 35 years of big productions, I just wanted to take it down a few notches and have a little musical palate cleanser. This show will be loose, unpredictable, and maybe a bit sloppy – we’ll be making it up as we go along!”
Opening the show each night will be Al’s long-time friend (and UHF cast member), the legendary comedian Emo Philips.
Weird Al’s most recent album Mandatory Fun was the first comedy album in history to debut at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart. In 2018 he will be awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
More Information (102.1 CJCY is not responsible for external websites)
The Esplanade Arts & Heritage Centre
401 1 St SE
Medicine Hat, AB
The event runs from 6:00pm to 11:59pm on the following dates.
Select a date to add this event to your calendar app.